Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Last One's Off to College

Last weekend, I headed to Notre Dame to help my parents move Jacob into his dorm for his freshman year of college. The added incentive of making the trip was the opportunity to see Courtney (the roommate) and Bagel (the ringleader of the yahoos) before leaving for Spain. Before we hit the road, I took the traditional "Wenger's are heading off to school" picture (take four) in front of the jam-packed car.
In the middle of our 9-hour road trip, we stopped for the night in Pittsburgh to visit my grandma and play some croquet. My grandma schooled all of us.


We reached Notre Dame on Thursday and went out to Papa Vino's for Jacob's last hoorah dinner before he was to confront the nauseating torment that is dining hall food; not surprisingly, Jacob naively believes that dining hall food is "really good." Freshmen. Anyway, he's living in Morrissey Manor, in a teeny-tiny closet of a room. Luckily, boys don't have a lot of stuff.

There's some crawl space here and there, definitely enough room for a six-man party (as you can see above). All in all, it is a very fitting freshman home under the dome.

So, after spending some quality time with Courtney and Bagel (and hijacking a desk chair), I said adios to Jacob and Notre Dame for the semester and enjoyed the now spacious backseat of the car for the trip home. I might have slept eight of the nine hours we drove back, but it's hard to say.


¡Buena suerte con tu primer semestre en la universidad, Jay Bay!


5 comments:

lil Hamilton said...

"8 of the 9 hours... hard to say", I'll say... you slept 8 hours.

Little Bagel said...

I hope your parents are okay with no kiddos at home anymore!

How many days till La Fruta is in España?

fatty0011 said...

Nice post Han. Good luck in Spain. I'll miss you...

Ginny said...

Hannah, I'm sad not to be included in your list of reasons to visit ND! We Hamilton roommates have to stick together ;)

Have fun in Spain!

Little Bagel said...

I ran into Baby Wenger yesterday at South. It was after I finished reading an ENFURIATING op-ed piece on how contraception is only for people who have no self control and I was angrily slamming my way about to find some froyo when I hear "Bagel!" and I was like: that's just stupid. Who gets excited about a bagel? and then I realize I'M a bagel and I turn around to see Jake.

He wants to join us on our conference calls and he is not a fan of the ND permacloud. That's about all I got out of him.

Love,
Bagel